Eurostar International Limited – The high speed rail service that links the UK with various destinations across the European mainland. The increased functionality and fluidity created by Eurostar’s relationship with Metafour has helped to further secure the niche market role that they have monopolised. Combined with NetCourier, Eurostar has bolstered their unique selling point and further secured their position against any emerging competition.
Metafour provides NetCourier for Eurostar International Ltd, providing them with the following functionality:
- Consignments can be booked either via a web-based interface. Once on-board, the progress of the consignment is tracked until its arrival at the desired destination and the job is logged as complete.
- Groups and individuals with excess baggage are able to check in baggage en-masse using NetCourier. Customers register their luggage at one terminal and collect it within 24 hours at their destination.
- A bespoke Lost Property module has been developed that allows Eurostar to log and manage the following: customer inquiries, matched items, found items, abandoned items, posted and couriered items, as well as a searchable record of all previous jobs.
- Customers with bicycles can now reserve a space on the same train they are travelling on.
Information can be accessed by all staff using one interface. The efficiency and reliability of job management is guaranteed and increased inter-departmental communication encouraged.
- Diverse functionality including emailing and invoice management, processing sales and cost tariffs, tracking, and retrieving any necessary POD information is available.
- NetCourier’s powerful search facility which allows Eurostar to review any job that they have processed in any of the system’s modules.
- NetCourier is delivered with full training. Metafour offer support, maintenance and development as a service. The Lost Property module was developed as bespoke software.
David Bridges, Management: “We are more than satisfied with NetCourier and our relationship with Metafour. Obviously the services that we offer are unique in terms of how and where we operate. Since switching to NetCourier our internal operations have become smoother and less frustrating, and I think quite obviously this has had a positive knock on effect in terms of our sales and customer relations.”