SBS Worldwide is a privately owned International logistics operator that has specialised in freight forwarding solutions since 1983; they now have offices in the USA, China and the UK. The industry sectors they have selected to focus on are aerospace, automotive, heavy industry, marine, publishing, pharmaceuticals and retail. SBS Worldwide formerly used MetAcs, our previous courier management system.
In 2008 Metafour provided SBS Worldwide with the following system:
- NetCourier and Client-Online provide SBS Worldwide and its customers with a combined front and back-end booking system. Job information is entered into the necessary data fields ready for processing and allocation by the SBS team.
- Track & Trace facilities and automatic POD retrieval from agents giving customer services and clients assurance that consignments have arrived at their destinations. Clients are able to track jobs on-line using an Airway Bill Number.
- A bespoke interface which integrates SBS with one of its larger retail clients, a high-end clothes production company. They also have integrated interfaces with Citylink, DHL, Interlink and a series of local agents around Heathrow.
- Colour coded flag system highlighting any rejected jobs that may require re-assignment. Summary reports with regards to efficiency of job allocation and completion are used to identify any potential opportunities to improve the life-cycle process.
- Further reporting options including monthly sales and efficiency reports are available. These can be used to identify both market trends, such as down trading, whilst identifying savings costs.
- On-demand additions and alterations can be implemented by request. Automatic POD retrieval from DHL was for example designed for SBS due to the volume of jobs moved through this agent.
- Data may be imported and exported in the CSV data format. This can be used to easily transfer company data (such as tariffs) into NetCourier, or to export data into external programmes such as SAGE and MS Excel.
- Online Help Desk: Users can enter queries into the system which are logged and assigned to Metafour support staff based on priority. NetCourier is delivered under the principle of Software as a Service, with full support and regular updates.
SBS Worldwide Ltd now has three UK wide offices (London, Manchester, and Dartford) all of which utilise the benefits of NetCourier; they are a prosperous, progressive and can expect to process anywhere between 6000 – 8000 jobs per month – SBS was named the 2010 Freight Forwarder of the Year.
David Gubbins, Commercial Manager: “We use NetCourier to run the core mechanics of our business and we’re really very happy with the system. The feedback from our staff has been excellent, in terms of both the day-to-day usability of NetCourier and the assistance we get from the Metafour support team.”