Metafour provides the latest high-end systems for logistics, courier and freight companies. Any size of business involved in parcel and document movement will benefit from using our software solutions which are suitable for sameday, overnight, international, storage and mailroom management.
Excel is a Same-Day and Overnight courier operator that has been using NetCourier successfully since 2008. The following explains how they make use of our NetCourier package to manage their operations. Excel are a target driven, focused company who specialise in the urgent domestic and international delivery of vital documents and last minute dispatches, predominately for companies in finance, PR and advertising. Excel switched toNetCourier because they needed a more effective, user friendly system.
- Client-Online our online client booking system, with an integrated link to Excels exiating Same-Day system, creating a single interface for users consolidating Excel’s operations.
- Track & Trace and communications from agents. NetCourier and Client-Online receive up-to-date information about jobs as they progress through the delivery process.
- Supplier integration with FedEx. This eliminates the double entry of jobs as information can be taken from Client-Online with a single click.
- NetCourier allocates a unique tracking number to each job which is fully tracable. Proof of Delivery is returned from agents and automatically entered into the system.
- Postcode look-up and validation, both online and in the back office. This guarantees accuracy of address entry, reduces administration, labour time and is convenient for customers.
- Electronic invoicing for clients in a format that can be automatically imported into their accounting system. Excel can produce performance reports for customers on-demand.
- Reporting: Client email confirmations; data import and export facilities (i.e. for use with Microsoft Excel); monthly reports and figures are used to identify efficiency savings and market trends.
- NetCourier was delivered with guaranteed training, support, maintenance and upgrades. Queries and requests can be flagged using our Online Helpdesk which is monitored by our support staff.
“We’re very happy with NetCourier. The functionality and flexibility of the package is ideal for this kind of company and we have absolutely no regrets in giving Metafour our business.”
Paul Guerrier, Management Excel.
If you are a busy mailroom who needs an IT solution to help you to control and audit parcel flow into your building, NetCourier Mailroom Inbound is the system that will integrate with handheld scanners to allow you to track bar-coded inbound and outbound shipments and parcels; while saving you money.
Unlike an old-fashioned manual system, NetCourier will cost you less to operate AND reduce lost mail; providing you with a visible audit trail and powerful reporting tools.
Why choose Mailroom Inbound....
IndySpain are one of Spain’s foremost delivery agents. Using our solution NetCourier, IndySpain specialise in wholesale collection and delivery in Madrid, Barcelona and Malaga. IndySpain offer a 24/7 international service. They use a roster of their own drivers, local agents and integrators to both collect and deliver items all over Spain with particular emphasis on the flexibility and adaptability of the services they offer.
Based on Indy Spain's requirements, Metafour delivered the NetCourier which offer the following:
- Client-Online: Delivery and collections are booked with NetCourier’s client-facing online interface.
- Consignment progress is displayed on a single screen. The process is managed step-by-step until a POD is received.
- Manifests are imported from wholesalers. Packages are scanned and verified, and job information is automatically entered into NetCourier.
- Driver manifests are generated in NetCourier, organising job allocation by date and location. Manifests are can be generated for external suppliers where necessary.
- Job information can be passed between companies quickly and reliably. This includes IndySpain’s sister company (www.asmred.com) and various other suppliers in Spain.
- Handle-held Track & Trace: Proof of Delivery and real time tracking information is now relayed to NetCourier via handheld units. This has improved the efficiency of both Indy Spain’s operations and customer services teams.
- Online Track & Trace: Client can incrementally monitor the progress of their packages. Packages are given a unique identification number meaning packages and progress reports can be produced on demand.
- Automatic customer Proof of Delivery notifications via email.
- Data import and export in the CSV data format. This is used to import and export data to and from NetCourier from programmes such as SAGE and MS Excel.
- Regular updates incorporating numerous upgrades and improvements based on client feedback.
- Full support and maintenance. Metafour’s support team can provide remote assistance thanks to the nature of web applications. Issues can be logged via our online helpdesk. NetCourier is delivered as Software as a Service.
IndySpain have developed an affluent, competitive reputation in Spain. They service an impressive number of clients per month and have developed a reputation as one of Spain’s best delivery agents.
Ignacio Adarraga Almirall, Director: “NetCourier lets even inexperienced users manage jobs, set up routes, tariffs, costs and so forth. I always get a rapid response from Metafour. Being a fairly new user they have been patient and helpful and are always happy to response to any queries have.”
SBS Worldwide is a privately owned International logistics operator that has specialised in freight forwarding solutions since 1983; they now have offices in the USA, China and the UK. The industry sectors they have selected to focus on are aerospace, automotive, heavy industry, marine, publishing, pharmaceuticals and retail. SBS Worldwide formerly used MetAcs, our previous courier management system.
In 2008 Metafour provided SBS Worldwide with the following system:
- NetCourier and Client-Online provide SBS Worldwide and its customers with a combined front and back-end booking system. Job information is entered into the necessary data fields ready for processing and allocation by the SBS team.
- Track & Trace facilities and automatic POD retrieval from agents giving customer services and clients assurance that consignments have arrived at their destinations. Clients are able to track jobs on-line using an Airway Bill Number.
- A bespoke interface which integrates SBS with one of its larger retail clients, a high-end clothes production company. They also have integrated interfaces with Citylink, DHL, Interlink and a series of local agents around Heathrow.
- Colour coded flag system highlighting any rejected jobs that may require re-assignment. Summary reports with regards to efficiency of job allocation and completion are used to identify any potential opportunities to improve the life-cycle process.
- Further reporting options including monthly sales and efficiency reports are available. These can be used to identify both market trends, such as down trading, whilst identifying savings costs.
- On-demand additions and alterations can be implemented by request. Automatic POD retrieval from DHL was for example designed for SBS due to the volume of jobs moved through this agent.
- Data may be imported and exported in the CSV data format. This can be used to easily transfer company data (such as tariffs) into NetCourier, or to export data into external programmes such as SAGE and MS Excel.
- Online Help Desk: Users can enter queries into the system which are logged and assigned to Metafour support staff based on priority. NetCourier is delivered under the principle of Software as a Service, with full support and regular updates.
SBS Worldwide Ltd now has three UK wide offices (London, Manchester, and Dartford) all of which utilise the benefits of NetCourier; they are a prosperous, progressive and can expect to process anywhere between 6000 – 8000 jobs per month – SBS was named the 2010 Freight Forwarder of the Year.
David Gubbins, Commercial Manager: “We use NetCourier to run the core mechanics of our business and we’re really very happy with the system. The feedback from our staff has been excellent, in terms of both the day-to-day usability of NetCourier and the assistance we get from the Metafour support team.”
Eurostar International Limited – The high speed rail service that links the UK with various destinations across the European mainland. The increased functionality and fluidity created by Eurostar’s relationship with Metafour has helped to further secure the niche market role that they have monopolised. Combined with NetCourier, Eurostar has bolstered their unique selling point and further secured their position against any emerging competition.
Metafour provides NetCourier for Eurostar International Ltd, providing them with the following functionality:
- Consignments can be booked either via a web-based interface. Once on-board, the progress of the consignment is tracked until its arrival at the desired destination and the job is logged as complete.
- Groups and individuals with excess baggage are able to check in baggage en-masse using NetCourier. Customers register their luggage at one terminal and collect it within 24 hours at their destination.
- A bespoke Lost Property module has been developed that allows Eurostar to log and manage the following: customer inquiries, matched items, found items, abandoned items, posted and couriered items, as well as a searchable record of all previous jobs.
- Customers with bicycles can now reserve a space on the same train they are travelling on.
Information can be accessed by all staff using one interface. The efficiency and reliability of job management is guaranteed and increased inter-departmental communication encouraged.
- Diverse functionality including emailing and invoice management, processing sales and cost tariffs, tracking, and retrieving any necessary POD information is available.
- NetCourier’s powerful search facility which allows Eurostar to review any job that they have processed in any of the system’s modules.
- NetCourier is delivered with full training. Metafour offer support, maintenance and development as a service. The Lost Property module was developed as bespoke software.
David Bridges, Management: “We are more than satisfied with NetCourier and our relationship with Metafour. Obviously the services that we offer are unique in terms of how and where we operate. Since switching to NetCourier our internal operations have become smoother and less frustrating, and I think quite obviously this has had a positive knock on effect in terms of our sales and customer relations.”